Meyerson & O’Neill carries great pride in the reputation that our attorneys have earned in the handling of serious medical malpractice cases in New Jersey. Our successes in this area have been recognized by attorneys nationwide, who often refer clients to our firm when they require further expertise. It‘s important that victims of medical negligence be represented by attorneys who not only have expertise in the law and litigation of negligence but who also possess an innate ability to understand the complex medical issues at hand. The lawyers of Meyerson & O’Neill in NJ have distinguished themselves in medical litigation involving the following areas:
- Birth injuries
- Delayed diagnosis
- Emergency room negligence
- Surgical mistakes
- Orthopedic malpractice
- Informed consent
- Obstetrical and gynecological malpractice
- Prescription errors (incorrect dosage, wrong medication)
- Failure to diagnose (aneurysm, cancer, heart attack, stroke)
- Gastrointestinal surgical errors (ERCP, laparoscopic surgery, colonoscopy)
The attorneys at Meyerson & O’Neill routinely pursue all available damages arising out of instances of medical malpractice. This may include compensation for lost wages, past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, and emotional distress. This may also include punitive damages for another party’s wrongful acts.
In the age of tort reform, our attorneys remain committed to the representation of seriously injured individuals. Despite the high costs inherent in medical malpractice litigation our firm is willing to undertake medical malpractice claims on a contingency fee basis. This agreement provides that our firm will be responsible for all costs incurred (including expensive medical expert fees) and you will not be responsible for any of these litigation costs or attorneys’ fees unless we obtain a recovery on your behalf.
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of the negligence of a medical professional, and would like us to evaluate a potential case on your behalf, please contact us via our online form
or call 856-665-3332 and ask to speak with a medical malpractice attorney.
If you are an attorney who is interested in learning about our referral arrangement please contact us or review our Referring Attorney Guide.
21 West. 6th Avenue
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003
Here are some of the successes we’ve had with Medical Malpractice Cases:
- A medical malpractice settlement of approximately $1.9 million against a Philadelphia area radiology group. Our client went to the hospital emergency room with complaints of stomach pain. The CT scan to confirm a diagnosis of diverticulitis reported normal kidney shadows. The “normal kidney shadows” in reality was a 5 cm malignant tumor in the patient’s kidney. Had the radiologist accurately read the CT scan the kidney could have been removed and the patient would have had a high probability of survival. By the time a diagnosis was made the cancer had metastasized and the outlook was much bleaker. We recommended a structured settlement to our client which will provide lifetime financial security for the entire family.
- A $2 million trial verdict against a physician in a medical malpractice case for failure to diagnose cancer.
- An $800,000 settlement for a woman whose eyesight was permanently damaged during experimental eye surgery which was deliberately performed without FDA or an IRB (Independent Review Board) approval.
- Substantial settlements in medical malpractice cases involving obstetrics, including compensation to the family of a stillborn baby following fetal distress.
- A life-long annuity for a child born handicapped with shoulder dystocia.
- A $750,000 settlement for a working woman who sustained a permanent intestinal/digestive injury from a medical error during gall bladder surgery.